Saturday, April 25, 2015



All the images from the Europe blog posts are a combination from Todd's camera and my camera.









                         



Last day!

After a bit of a lay in (nice) we hatched a plan. Breaky at home and then walked to Cotume one more time for a coffee. So glad we did ... sat up at the bar and enjoyed a filter coffee and delicious carrot cake. We spoke about how it was going to be strange not having coffee and spending the days together when we get back home.
We then made our way over to the Musee D'Orsay. Mum and Dad had really highly recommended this museum and I was very keen to see the Monet's.
It's quite an amazing building and so nice that it's not too big. You can wander around and not feel too overwhelmed by how much art there is to see. My favourites were the Segal and Monet paintings. After a few hours and some gift shopping for postcards we headed to a crepe place not too far away that we'd heard did gluten free crepes. They were really delicious ... mine had this amazing potato dauphinoise, chives, bacon and tomato. They were gluten free too .. which was a bonus. My previous diet of gluten and dairy free went out the window for this trip (for which I paid the price for later ...) but in that moment of enjoying food on the trip I'm going to say it was worth it ...
 It seemed everyone then moseyed home for a pit stop. Nerida and I decided to hike it over to Galleries la Fayette - an incredible department store. I still had a few presents left to buy and I was keen to see their Diptyque products. It was a pretty amazing department store and I'm so glad Nez and I got to enjoy it together. The roof was a large dome ... golden and intricate. We found the Diptyque counter and I was in heaven smelling the different candles and perfumes. I got a candle for Brodie and the kind man behind the counter gave us some samples ... One I loved was the geranium perfume (which I've since bought and put away for our wedding ... a nice memory of the trip!)
Nez and I found the food level and spent ages looking at all of the different sweets and teas and chocolates. I always love the food section when travelling.

On our way home we also walked past the opera building which was interesting to see. We were so parched and so I bought water from the man I swore I'd never buy water from .. on the corner always yelling ... "water one euro water one euro". They'd annoyed me so much all over Europe everywhere we went but in this moment I giggled with Nerida that they couldn't have been more perfectly placed!! One euro felt like a bargain!

We made it home for showers ... Brad had been out getting a trendy Paris haircut so we were eagerly awaiting his arrival home. Off we went for our last meal together. Brad and Nez and Ash and Jo were continuing on to England but for the six of us, this was the end of the trip.

We wound up at the same restaurant they'd eaten at the night before (when Todd and I were in La Marais). It was such a great place to end the trip at. A small menu, a very friendly waiter and a corner table tucked away. He poured us shots of a potent liquor ... we couldn't work out the translation but we think it was some sort of schnapps??

Home to pack up and we set Todd's camera up for a shot of the six of us! These three shots are the only shots of us together as a group for the whole trip but I love them!